Ever consider buying a dirt bike 150cc for yourself?
After all, cruising your way around a dirt bike is a great way to experience a surge of adrenaline. But how do you buy yourself a dirt bike, anyway?
Rest assured, this post will teach you all about the specifics of buying a dirt bike. For extra measure, we’ll also be including a list of some of the best Dirt Bike 150cc towards the end of this post. But first, let’s get down to the basics.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Dirt Bike 150cc
Here are a couple of factors you should consider while purchasing a dirt bike:
Types of Dirt Bikes
You can’t possibly invest in a dirt bike without deciding what kind you should buy, dirt bikes can be divided into the following categories:
- Desert Bikes: As the name indicates, these bikes are specifically meant to be driven through sand. This makes these dirt bikes great for riding on the beach because it offers superior traction.
- Motocross Dirt Bikes: This is possibly the most popular category when it comes to dirt bikes and is exclusively designed for racing.
- Endurance Bikes:mongoose dolomite bikes are primarily designed for riding through extreme conditions. Endurance bikes are great for long distance bike rides.
- Street Bikes: Also known as dual-purpose bikes, street bikes are typically used for riding on paved surfaces and are considered more versatile.
- Trail Bikes: These bikes are not meant for riding through rough terrains which makes it a suitable choice for beginners and kids.
Two-strokes vs. Four-strokes
If you’ve been browsing around for dirt bikes, you’re probably familiar with two-stroke and four-stroke machines. In simple terms, two-stroke bikes are much cheaper and easier to maintain. On the downside, these bikes may require frequent servicing.
On the other hand, four-stroke bikes result in smooth power delivery and offer smoother operation, making them a good fit for competitive races. However, these bikes are a lot heavier and can be expensive to maintain.
Check out some of the coolest 125cc to 150cc dirt bikes.
The Right Height
You can’t buy a dirt bike without considering your height. Opting for a bike that’s too small will be too difficult to drive, increasing the chances of dangerous accidents. On the other hand, driving a dirt bike that’s too big may cause you to lose control.
As a general rule of thumb, your dirt bike seat must be half of your height. For instance, if you’re 6 feet tall, your seat must measure about 3 feet. Additionally, make sure your toes are able to touch the floor when you’re seated on the bike.
Consider Buying a Dirt Bike Online
For added convenience, consider purchasing your dirt bike online. You can resort to websites such as Amazon, eBay or Craigslist and other online marketplaces if you’re looking for a sweet deal. Buying a dirt bike online is a great option for folks who want to save a couple of bucks or are looking for a used dirt bike.
Best Dirt Bike 150cc
Here are a couple of our top picks:
KTM 150 SX
KTM 150 SX is a sturdy 150cc motocross bike that has the potential of becoming your favorite dirt bike of all time. Unlike other machines, this two-stroke beauty practically as light as a feature and easy to maneuver as well. In this regard, KTM has done a pretty good job in creating one of the very few two-stroke 150cc motocross machines in the market.
Some notable features of the KTM 150 SX include:
- Great Ride: KTM 150 SX offers a great ride. Despite its lightweight, this motocross bike offers more torque and power, making it a pretty sweet ride.
- Affordable Price: The KTM 150 SX is available at a reasonable price, especially if you pick out a 2009 model for yourself instead of purchasing a brand new one.
Tao Tao Dirt Bike Viper 150cc
The Tao Tao Dirt Bike Viper 150cc is an incredible bike for its size. It features a one-of-a-kind 4-stroke engine that’s not as expensive as other dirt bikes in the market. What’s best is that the model is relatively easier to assemble so you don’t have to put in too much effort and can take the bike out for a spin. Some notable features of this product include:
- Powerful 4-Stroke Engine: The Tao Tao Dirt Bike Viper 150cc features a powerful 4-stroke engine that works brilliantly.
- The Right Size: Unlike other dirt bikes that might not be suited for everybody, this one is of just the right size for practically everybody.
- Kick Start: Now you can start your bike without a worry because of the Tao Tao Dirt Bike Viper 150cc kick start.
Viper/DB-W001 Dirt Bike 150cc
The Viper/DB-W001 Dirt Bike 150cc is a great buy for amateur riders who are new to dirt biking. The bike is better suited for people who reside in rural ideas and want to try a hand at off-road driving. With a 4-stroke engine with kickstart, the DB-W0001 is a high-performance bike that starts easily without much trouble. What’s best is that its light weight makes the dirt bike much easier to handle thereby allowing riders to make big jumps easily.
Some notable features of the Viper/DB-W001 Dirt Bike include:
- 5-Speed Manual Transmission: Thanks to its 5-Speed Manual Transmission, bikers have better control over the dirt bike.
- Upgraded Kick Start: Things just got easier. The DB-W001 features an upgraded kickstart which makes it easier to start the bike.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes: The DB-W001 features front and rear hydraulic disc brakes which makes the bike much safer to ride compared to other dirt bikes.
Dirt Bike 150cc: Wrapping it Up
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading about the best Dirt Bike 150cc and hope you’re able to make a great purchase. Good luck!